Mexican is one of my favorite cuisines. I love everything about it, the colors, the flavors and the versatility.
One of my favorite side dishes to make when I am serving fajita (and I don’t have any avocados to make guacamole) is this colorful salsa. The garlic in the background sets the tone while the corn and beans adds texture, the parsley adds color and freshness and the lemon juice ties the whole thing together.I usually add a chopped red onion to the salsa but on this particular day I didn’t have any and it still tasted great. If you are not big on garlic a little trick you can do to get a little garlic taste in your salsa but not too much is to rub your cutting board with a clove before you chop the tomatoes, this will infuse the salsa with a mild garlic taste without an garlic being actually in it.
Before I leave with the recipe I would like to thank sweet Manu from Manu’s Menu for passing me the versatile blogger award.
Manu is probably one of the sweetest and most considerate people I have ever “met”. She always has something positive and encouraging to say and has a passion for life and food blogging that never fails to put a smile on my face.Her blog is one I visit regularly for inspiration, great photography and wonderful Italian recipes. She is a fellow daring cook too :)Please take the time to visit Manu and tell her I said hi🙂
The award comes with 2 conditions,pass it on to other wonderful bloggers and share 7 things the readers don’t know about you. Although I have already shared 7 things you don’t know about me here , but today I thought 7 more won’t hurt lol.
1. I was born in october, maybe that is why I find autumn, apples and cloudy mornings comforting.
2. My name “Sawsan” is arabic for the name of the iris flower.
3. I am a very harsh critic when it comes to my own work, you can call me a perfectionist but sometimes I can go over board.
4. I love tea, Morrocan mint green tea is my favorite nowadays.
5. I love drawing, here are a couple of my old sketches. I say old because it has been sometime since I last drew something
6. I am a great listener at least that is what my family and friends tell me
7. I find talking about myself and writing these lists very hard
I am passing this award to the following amazing bloggers
Red bean and corn salsa
1 cup canned red beans rinsed
2/3 cup corn
2 tomatoes chopped
1 red onion chopped
1 clove of garlic minced
Small bunch of parsely
Juice of 1 lemon (you can use only half is you don’t want the lemon taste to stand out)
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Mix the corn,beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic and parsely.
Add the olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
Toss to combine
كوب الفاصوليا الحمراء المعلبة
ثلثين كوب من الذرة
اثنان من الطماطم مقطعة
1 بصله حمراء مفرومه
فص من الثوم
باقة من البقدونس الصغيرة
عصير لمونه او نصف ليمونه ان لم تحب الحموضه
ملعقتين الى ثلاث طعام من زيت الزيتون