Summer is not officially here yet but the temperature in Ras Al Khaima has crossed the 40 C mark weeks ago! Add the pleasant humidity and you can understand why refreshing drinks are a top priority in this house.
When it was time to choose my recipe from my assigned blog for the secret recipe club (Kitchen Trial and error) I book marked her chai biscotti and her black bean stuffed avocados but I ended up making her strawberry mojito because the weather forecast promises temperatures around 50 this weekend and a refreshing drink recipe was hard to resist. Kate,the talented lady behind the blog,works in environmental design & product stewardship and she has two adorable kids. I really enjoyed going through her archives.
- For the syrup
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
1 cup mint
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 fresh strawberries
4-5 fresh mint springs
- in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, lemon juice and water. bring to a boil and boil until the mixture is clear.
- Remove from heat, add the mint and allow it to cool.
- Strain the syrup, discard the mint
- In a tall glass or your favorite cup, add 3 tablespoons of the mint syrup, the strawberries, and the mint and muddle together with the back of a spoon or a muddler.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime into the glass, and stir well.
- Fill the glass with ice and top off with club soda.