Pita bread recipe – how to make pita pockets

Pita bread is the recipe I have received the most questions about and requests for ever since I started this blog. After much experimentation here it is :)

Living in the middle east means you can get great pita bread at every bakery and restaurant but that also means that if you decide to make it at home, you either do it right or not at all.That is why it took a little time for me to get it right, a pita bread recipe I can post on my blog knowing it is the one!

Before we get to the “How to make pita bread”, let’s cover “Why to make pita bread?”

Pita bread is one of the most versatile things to have in your kitchen. There is a world of possibilities to use this wonderful flat bread

1. Fill the pita pockets with your choice of filling and turn it into a sandwich or wrap

Click on the picture to get to the recipe

2.Serve it with dips, soups and appetizers

Click on the picture to get to the recipe

3. Cut it into squares and drizzle it with olive oil and season it with herbs or spices. Bake it in the oven till crisp and enjoy the crunchy pita chips (be warned, they are addictive)

4. Fry them or toast them and use them to top your salad and add crunch to it. If you have never tried it before, make fattoush..you’ll love it

5. Use them to top Horaa osbao

If you try to google “pita bread recipe” you will find that most recipes share three basic ingredients : flour, water and yeast. You see, pita bread is simply a yeasted dough that is baked in a very hot oven and the trapped steam inside the bread causes it to puff and as a result the pockets in the pita form.

Keeping that in mind your bread dough needs to be soft as opposed to stiff and dry. You also need to use little flour during rolling because you don’t want to dry the dough out. Some recipes will tell you to mist the rolled dough before baking or mist the baking sheet. I personally cover the dough balls and the rolled bread with a damp kitchen towel during resting and that helps keep them from drying out.

If you look closer at different bread recipes you will find some that add olive oil, powdered milk, replace water with milk and others use ghee and honey. Each addition serves a purpose. Olive oil makes the dough easier to handle and makes it less likely to stick during rolling and consequently you use less flour while rolling it. Powdered milk and honey make the resulting bread chewy and soft and helps keep them soft after cooling.

I know some people will lecture me on the fact that traditional pita bread never uses honey and that may be true but the honey is my personal addition to the recipe. My secret ingredient. You can’t taste it in the final dough but the bread is so much more chewy and soft and I love the texture that results from adding it to the recipe. I have tried MANY pita bread recipes and the one I am sharing today is the end result of those experiments. It is soft and chewy. It puffs up beautifully in the oven giving you wonderful pockets to turn your homemade bread into a variety of sandwiches. It stays soft for a few days if wrapped and stored at  room temperature and last but not least, it freezes very well. All you have to do is take the bread out of the freezer and heat it on the stove top or in the oven and it is as good as new. Give it a try and you will never buy pita bread again.

Pita Bread recipe

1 package (about  2 1\2 teaspoons)  of dry yeast

1/2 cup warm water

1 teaspoon granulated sugar

1 tablespoon honey

4 to 4 1\2 cups all-purpose flour

2 tablespoon olive oil

1 teaspoon salt

3 tablespoon dry milk

1 1\2 cup lukewarm water

Preparing Pita bread dough

Proof the yeast by mixing it with the 1/2 cup of water and the sugar and honey. Wait for the yeast to foam and bubble.

If the yeast does not foam and bubble with in 10 minutes it has gone bad and you need to discard it and start again

In a bowl add the flour, salt and powdered milk then drizzle the olive oil.

Using your fingertips rub the oil into the flour mixing all the other ingredients in the process.

Keep rubbing the flour and oil until the oil is completely taken up by the flour.

Make a well in the center of the flour and add the yeast water mix and 1 cup of warm water.

Using a wooden spoon (if you are doing this by hand) or the  hook attachment if doing this in a stand mixer, stir to form a dough.

Take the dough out of the bowl or mixer and place on a floured surface.

Add the rest of the water slowly and knead with your hands to get a better feeling of the dough.

Continue kneading until the dough becomes soft, smooth and elastic ( this takes about 5-7 min.)

A tip that will get you smoother dough is to left the dough and slam it on the table 7-10 times as you knead it.(it’s a great way to vent stree too :))

Lightly oil a bowl and place the dough in it,lightly coat it with oil and cover the bowl with a damp clean towel.

Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until it doubles in size (the time required depends on how hot it is where you are. If you are tight on time see the notes to see how to shorten rising time)

When the dough doubles in size punch it down and then pinch out 10-12 small pieces, depending on the size you like your pita.

Place balls on floured surface. Let sit covered with a damp clean towel for 10- 15 minutes.

Roll out each ball of dough with a rolling pin into circles, 3-4 mm in thickness

Place circles of dough on a flat board or a table, covered  with dry cloth and then place a clean damp cloth over the dough circles and allow them to rest for 10 minutes.

Baking Pita bread

In the meantime, Preheat oven to 270 C or to the highest temperature your oven will go.

Place the rack at the very bottom of oven or better yet take it out all together and place your baking sheet directly on the oven floor.

Preheating your baking sheet is an essential step to get your bread to puff up perfectly. If you have a pizza stone you can use that to make pita bread but again you need to get it good and hot before you start baking bread.

Gently place your dough circles on the preheated baking sheet, make sure that you place the dough flat on the baking sheet, any wrinkles will prevent the bread from puffing up and once you place the dough you will not be able to move it, it will stick to the baking sheet until the bottom is baked.

Bake each batch for 2-5 minutes till the bread puffs up, when they do flip the dough on the other side and bake for 1-2 more minutes.

Using a spatula remove the puffed pita bread from the baking sheet and out of the oven, serve hot or  cover with a clean dry towel till the bread cools down.

If you leave the pita bread uncovered as it cools it will become dry and crusty

When the bread cools place it in your storage bags.

Storing Pita bread.

Fresh pita bread will keep in a bag at room temperature for 2-5 days. In the freezer it will keep in good condition for up to a month. Just take the amount you need out of the freezer and warm on your stove top or in the oven for a minute or two

You can use this same recipe to make whole wheat bread. Replace up to half of the flour with whole wheat flour and proceed with the same recipe. Just keep in mind you will probably need more water because of the whole wheat flour.

If you are short on time and need th dough to rise quickly. Heat the oven to 180 C for 5 minutes then turn it off and place the bowl with the dough covered with the damp cloth in the oven. the dough should double in 15-20 minutes maximum.

Pita bread troubleshoot

My dough did not rise

1. your yeast was inactive to start with.

Proofing the yeast (mixing it with water and sugar and waiting for it to foam and bubble) before using it helps you avoid this problem. If the yeast doesn’t foam and bubble discard it and start with new yeast.

2. The place you left the dough in is too cold

In cold weather it takes longer for the yeast to raise the dough. Always put the dough in a warm place or see the notes about using the oven

3. You did not allow enough  time

The time required for the dough to double in size depends on how hot or cold it is where you are. The colder the weather, the longet it would take for the dough to rise.

My pita bread did not puff up

1. Your oven is not hot enough.

Allow the oven enough time to heat at 270 C  before baking.(10 -15 minutes would be best).

2. You did not allow the rolled dough to rest before baking

3. When you placed the rolled dough on the baking sheet it was not flat

My pita bread became hard and crusty when it cooled

You did not cover the bread when it came out of the oven. You need to keep the bread covered with a clean dry cloth or towel till it cools down

Previous Post

1. hi sawsan… i have been waiting for ur pita bread recipe… and this post is wonderful.. all the info one wants on pita bread is here… i dint know pita bread could be used in sooooo many different ways… thanks a ton sawsan!!!

2. I am definitely trying your recipe! I ve tried only two recipes so far, the one I blogged about was the best one, but I can see how adding honey could lift if up a lot – I am not a traditionalist by any means, and above all I trust you!

3. Coincidentally, I just made pita bread today for the first time in a long time, Sawsan. I used my sourdough starter rather than dry yeast. It will have a long slow rise. I did use honey in it and just enough oil to keep it from sticking to the bread bowl, but now milk. Next time I’ll try yours.

• Hello Sharyn, I have been meaning to start up surdough again after the daring bakers challenge but I keep worrying that I will forget the starter and kill it

• thekalechronicles

/  October 8, 2012

You can neglect it for awhile, Sawsan, as long as you replenish some flour and water after you use the starter. If any dark liquid appears, just pour it off before using the starter. Sometimes I don’t use mine for two or three weeks, although I always hope to use it once a week.

• Thank you Sharyn. I will try to start one tomorrow and see how that goes

4. I made pita bread once a few years ago and it was hard, crusty, and awful – but now I know exactly what I did wrong! I’ve been meaning to try again so thanks for the great tips, Sawsan :)

5. Rasha

/  October 3, 2012

These look great my friend! I’m getting hungry just looking at them.

6. Thank you for this post – I have figured out how to make good homemade pita, just can’t get the puff :-(

(And I love all your uses for them)

7. Your homemade pita bread beats store bought without a doubt my friend, it is definitely a household necessity :D

8. This is by far the most clearly written recipe. Love those tips along the way:) the priyas look fabulous! Will definitely try them. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

9. What a wonderful post!! I have been grilling chicken and veggies and eating them with store bought pita pockets. I think its high time to make my own batch. I will refer to your recipe if I have any doubts. Thanks for sharing all the tips.

10. I’ve been searching for a good pita bread recipe so that I can bake it home and I’m pretty sure this is the one! I love how delicious and versatile pita bread is. Yours looks amazing!

11. I love your photos/list of “why to make pita bread”. : ) Like you, I can think of a LONG list of reasons why to make pita bread, though I can’t for the life of me think of any reason why someone would actually ask that question! ; )

Such a lovely post!

12. I love, love pita bread! Your pockets are just perfect!

13. You continue to amaze me! How wonderful……….I shall try.

14. So happy you posted this! Pita bread was one of the first things I learned to bake. Mine aren’t bad but there is plenty of room for improvement. I can’t wait to try out your recipe. Thanks so much for sharing.

15. saffronandhoney

/  October 4, 2012

Everyone loves pita and I’m not an exception! Great to have a reliable recipe, thanks!

16. Huda

/  October 4, 2012

yeslamu, using honey is new for me , I usually use powdered milk. thank you so much for the recipe, I am gonna try it soon in sha2a ALLAH.

17. I’m soo soo excited to try this recipe! I have a real love for pita and can’t stand buying processed, stale pita at the store. You’ve made it look so simple and you’ve got all sorts of hints for a beginner like me! Thanks so much!

18. Wow, this is such an informative post on making pita. I love to make pita chips with different seasonings — but I’ve never attempted to make them from scratch before. I feel well armed to give pitas a try now, knowing how well tested your recipe is. It sounds like the honey makes them “just right.” I’d also love to try the Horaa osbao sometime.

/  October 4, 2012

I am not a baker or cake maker or eater, but I do love pita and use it in all the ways you have described! Yours look oh so lovely compared with what I can buy, so shall try my pita 101, honey and all :) ! Thanks!

20. Excellent recipe! Very extensive set of instructions. Both the honey and the dried milk are interesting additions. I can absolutely see how they’d improve the texture of the bread. I usually just buy pita bread, but it’d be fun to make sometime. Thanks for this.

21. I want to try pita’s at home, now I know all the secrets. Can’t wait to try. Thanks.
    -Gina-

22. Beautiful bread! I love pita bread but making it at home always seem intimidating to me.. Your recipe looks so easy

/  October 4, 2012

Talk about the perfect pita pocket – these are perfect! I actually prefer pita to bread when I make sandwiches. I love filling the pockets. Never thought of making my own. Thanks for this recipe and troubleshooting guide. I’m sure I’ll be referring to that! :)

24. Thanks Sawsan, absolutely brilliant. I am so excited about trying this…you’ve really covered everything…so comprehensive!

25. Great post Sawsan! I am definitely trying these. We’ve mastered Indian naan and chapati breads at our house, but I’ve never actually made pitas. Can’t wait! They look amazing.

26. It’s my next goal to make homemade pita bread, because we really love it at home. Your photos are as usual stunning.

27. Oh your pita bread looks fantastic just as good as a bakery wow! I will be trying your recipe soon and I hope I can get the same results as you in this beautiful pita bread :)

28. Best. Post. EVER! I am so terribly excited to try this recipe. The pitas I can buy are pretty terrible and I love good pitas. I think you will make me a forever convert to homemade pita bread. I love that you help us all so much by giving us the inside tips and all the trouble shooting advice. You’re the best Sawsan! THank you!

29. Beautiful!! I have a crazy love of pita bread (and everything I can stuff into and on it). I really need to try making it at home!

30. What a wonderful post, Sawsan! Each step is detailed and the pictures are well done. Loved that you took the time to show so many suggested servings. Best of all, for me, you mentioned that they keep well for a few days and can be frozen. I wouldn’t bother trying if they had a short shelf-life and couldn’t be frozen. I’d waste too many of them and I wouldn’t want to do that. These, though, I will try and, with a little luck, I’ll have homemade pits bread in my freezer. Thank you so much for taking the time put together this post and sharing the recipe.

31. thelady8home

/  October 5, 2012

Pita is so similar to naan, but double it’s longevity. I love your tips. This is going to be a must try in my house :)

32. I grew up eating fantastic fresh pita…and have never found anything quite as good from bakeries/stores around here. I’d definitely add the honey (I wouldn’t know any better ;))…love a little sweetness in my bread. THANK YOU for all the excellent tips…your pitas look terrific!!

33. Amazing looking. So glad you did this post! Also I still need to try THAT dish!

34. That looks so fabulous! I am totally inspired to try it this weekend.
    Thank you!

35. Redawna

/  October 5, 2012

This looks fabulous! I am inspired to try it this weekend.
    Thank you!

36. Thanks for the great post. My problem always is the baking. I’ll have to wait for a new oven that an go that high, I suppose…. ;)

37. Thank you for the wonderful recipe and all the help with it !!!
    That sure is baking in my oven on saturday…can’t wait :)
    Love your space here.

Cheers !!

38. I’ve wanted to make pita bread but have had fear of it. Now looking at your lovely bread and fantastically thorough instructions, I feel like I can make it myself. Most of what we get is quite dry, so I’m glad to see that bit about keeping it from drying out, too. We love to make pita pizzas, in addition to the more usual applications. Thanks for such a great post, Sawsan!

39. flavorsofthesun

/  October 5, 2012

Great post. I haven’t made pita bread recently. You inspire me to do so again. Thanks, Sawsan.

40. Your recipes always turn out so well for me Sawsan, and I know I’m going to have to try this one. We don’t eat that much pita bread, but home made might make that different. Store bout is always dry and flavorless. Thanks!

41. familyspice

/  October 6, 2012

Ok, I attempted making pita bread once and I failed epically!! Next time I will use your recipe!

42. Thanks for posting this, Sawsan! Making khobz Arabi has been on my list for ages, and I’ve been thinking about trying it in my parents-in-law’s woodfire oven. I’ll definitely try your recipe and let you know how it turns out.

43. What an amazing post Sawsan – so comprehensive and those pitas really do like like the ultimate ones! As soon as I have time/space will be giving these a go :)

44. I usually buy them but looks like I will start making them at home.

45. kouky

/  October 7, 2012

Thanks dear Sawsan for the wonderful recipe and for the great tips !!!kisses!

46. I absolutely love the idea of homemade pita! truly fantastic.

47. What an excellent post! So informative, and lovely pictures too! Found you via Promenade Planting. Thanks Sawsan! I shall definitely make these next weekend!

• Thank you kindly Cathy for stopping by and for your comment
      Please let me know how it turns out

• Sawsan, I made the pita bread this evening and it was delicious! They didn’t all puff up as beautifully as yours, but I think I didn’t get them all flat on the baking trays. Practice makes perfect! ;-) They are lovely and soft, just as you say. Thank you for making this elusive bread a possibility in my kitchen! :D

• Sawsan@ Chef in disguise

/  October 13, 2012

Hello Cathy
        Thank you so much for trying the pita bread and for letting me know how they turned out. I am really glad you enjoyed the bread. I hope the ones that did not puff up were still tasty and soft. The first few times I made pita I had quite a few that did not puff up but the more you make it, the better you get at it :) Thank you again for the comment :)

48. Miss A and I love making pita bread. I’m going to have to try your recipe. The honey sounds like a great addition and the tip for covering the ones left to cool is going to be very helpful. :)

49. Nami | Just One Cookbook

/  October 13, 2012

We loooove pita bread and this could be the best looking pita I’ve seen in a while! Whoa. Even I who has fear for yeast might give this a try. And your troubleshoot is soooooo helpful. This whole post is very well written and I’m very very impressed Sawsan! This will be saved in my special folder now.

50. Very thorough directions!

51. may allah sw taala bless u n guide u alwyz ameen!

52. Heba

/  November 15, 2012

Hi Sawsan: Thanks alot for all of these wonderful recipes. I really appreciate this nice work that you are doing. Regarding to the pita bread recipe, I have instant yeast instead of dry yeast, so I would like to know how much of instant yeast shall I use for this pita recipe. Thanks againe

• Hello Heba
      Thank you very much for your sweet comment.
      Instant yeast is a little more potent than dry yeast. You will need to use 25% less, so 2 teaspoons of instant yeast instead of 2 and a 1/2 should be fine

53. Sona

/  April 11, 2013

Hi Swansan, Your Pitas look amazing! I recently made some that were ok, so I am excited to try yours to see how all your helpful hints work out for me. I just have one question. Is it possible to leave out the milk powder? We have dairy allergies and I am wondering if I can just omit it or if I should replace it with something else. Can’t wait to try your recipe! Thanks alot!!!

• Hello Sona,
      The milk makes the pita bread softer and chewier. You could omit it and try adding one teaspoon of vinegar. I have never tried it that way but it is my experience that vinegar has a similar effect to milk when it is used in the dough.
      looking forward to hearing how your pita experiment turns out

54. Bindu

/  April 13, 2013

Hi Sawsan,
    Thank you for posting the pita bread recipe. Your pita breads look so delicious. I am glad I found it. I am wondering if this can be made using a pan like we make flatbreads in India… I wanted to make some pita bread pockets so I can take them for lunch.
    Bindu

• Hello Bindu,
      You can make it in a pan but it may not puff up all the way in a pan, give it a try and let me know how they turn out

55. Sasha

/  April 14, 2013

Found this recipe via pinterest and made it tonight! It was AMAZING!!! Thank you so very much for sharing!

/  April 24, 2013

57. Hello Sawsan, Im so delighted ive found your website today, i will give the pittas a try and im going to make different floured ones with herbs and spices for mor plain dishes! Thanks you x

58. These turned out AMAZING! Thank you so much for your delightful recipe! I am vegan so I substituted the dry milk for soy milk and used agave in place of honey. I baked them on a pizza stone and am thrilled to have a beautiful steaming pile of fresh pita on my dinner table. You are an inspiration – keep up the great work! Cheers.

59. Ebtisam

/  April 26, 2013

Hi again… Another wonderful recipe of yours Sawsan , I ve tried with half flour and half whole wheat turned to be perfect all z family enjoyed so much… Thank you
    Ebtisam

60. Beautiful post and pictures Sawsan! I wish there was a way to make this with coconut flour or nut flours to make it gluten free.. that would be heavenly! ;)

61. The Saffron Girl

/  May 20, 2013

Beautiful post and pictures Sawsan! I wish there was a way to make this gluten free with coconut flour and/or nut flours… in the meantime, I can drool with your post. ;)

62. sawsan, I am so glad you posted this Pita recipe. We as a family love pita. Bookmarking.

63. Taugheedah Solomon

/  July 22, 2013

JazakAllah khair, I will definitely try this!

64. renudimple

/  July 24, 2013

i have been waiting for ur pita bread recipe.. had read it beofre.. but today i read it better…nw i know y my pita bread dint puff up..my oven was not enugh… i will try ur recipe.. sure when cos these days my tiem in teh kitchen is limited… shanaya ( my lil one) keeps me busy..love this post

65. Could these be made with gluten free flour?

66. Sosin

/  July 26, 2013

Thank you so much Sawsan for this recipe! I went to pinterest for pita bread recipes and then forgotten that I cold just come to this site instead and would you know it? The link i clicked lead me to your site!

haha so is it possible to use bread flour in place of all purpose? And can i make pita bread stovetop instead of the oven? Or will it not make the right consistency?

• Hello Sosin :) Glad you found what you were looking for here
      You can use bread flour for sure. You can also make the bread on the stove top but I found that the bread does not puff up quite as well on the stove top

67. deena

/  August 1, 2013

Hi Sawsan, and thank you for every think, just wondering if we can use the electrical dough mixer instead of hand in this recipe, if yes what speed is the best and for how long?

68. Ashley zayat

/  August 5, 2013

Hi sawsan, I was just looking over your website/blog and wanted to ask you honestly if this pita bread is the kind that would be the winner pita bread recipe… I have tried a couple, including one from dedemed website, lets just say that I made it one time and it went to the birds… so im scared to try again if you have any imputbit would be greatly appreciated thank you

• Hello Ashley,
      Many people have tried the recipe already with great success. I have tested it many time.
      It is the one and only pita bread recipe that I use.
      Give it a go.
      I think your search for the winner pita will end by trying it

• Ashley zayat

/  August 26, 2013

Hi sawsan ;)
      just finished making your pita pocket recipe. The taste and texture were heavenly. The only problem that I did encounter was that only 4 out of 10 pitas puffed for me. I believe that it could have been because they were rolled to thin, any advice. Thank you soo soo much for another amazing recipe
      ashley

• Hello Ashley. Either you rolled them too thinly or your oven was not hot enough.
        I am glad you enjoyed the taste and I hope that the net time you give these a try they will all puff up

69. Thank you kindly for sharing your recipe. I’ve made pitas before but not with honey. I will try your secret out! Thanks again for sharing.

70. BJ

/  August 24, 2013

Thanks for sharing this fantastic recipe , when followed correctly is the best very pita I have ever had..

71. Marijana

/  October 5, 2013

The recipe is perfect!! i left out the dry milk, but it all went perfectly perfect!! And each and everyone puffed up perfectly! Thank you for this great recipe, I followed to detail every step! I tried to make pita bread before with various recipes, but they never puffed up! Thanks!!

72. lizzy

/  October 27, 2013

been looking for pita bread recipe for the longest time but I’m too scared to try as I don’t want to get disappointed… so finally I tried this one the first time, using half-half (white flour and wheat flour) and half cup extra luke warm water. I am very happy with the result. it tastes exactly the same as my sister in law always baked for us and all of them puffed perfectly… thank you so much for sharing this recipe and all the other tips that you put in below :) … wish you more success in the kitchen :)

73. is very tasty food that I can learn and I won’t you help me :)

74. I’m very late in finding this Sawsan; got it via Saskia’s recent falafel post on 1=2! Fantastic tutorial, thanks for adding the troubleshooting also… will be really helpful if things don’t go to plan! Definitely bookmarking this to try. Soon! Thanks again for sharing your recipe with us xx

75. Safa

/  February 9, 2014

Thank you Sawsan for the recipe and the helpful instructions. I didn’t use dry milk and still it was tasty. Thanks again :))

76. graham

/  March 8, 2014

tried your pita tonight and they turne dout great – most popped up. just one thing to ask – you suggest leaving the rolled pita for 10 minutes but space wise i’m struggling a bit. Is there any easier way to do this? it’s just a bit overwhelming having 15 rolled pita on every work surface. i did try laying each rolled one on top of each other with a little flour to stop the sticking, but this didn;t really work so good. thanks…

• Sawsan, I made half a batch today (thank you for the detailed recipe and instructions. When I baked my pita’s they did not uniformly rise. Would this have to do with how I thin I rolled it out?
      Thank you!

• Hello :)
        Yes, that would happen if you did not uniformly roll the dough, areas that were too thin or where you used too much pressure while rolling may not rise properly

77. Salam Sawsan, I ve seen this post few weeks ago but it s just today that I had the courage to try these pita. The taste is amazing faaar better than the store bought ! but the problem I had that the first 2 raised very well but all the others didn t and I was wondering why and what I did wrong? oculd you help me out? thankks

• Salam NanouC
      So sorry for the delay.
      There are a couple of causes for the bread not puffing up:
      1.you rolled the dough really thin
      2.Your oven is not hot enough
      3. You did not allow the rolled dough to rest before baking, try giving it 10 or 15 minutes
      4. When you placed the rolled dough on the baking sheet it was not flat
      Avoid these causes and hopefully all the dough will puff up

78. Ibrahim

/  June 10, 2014

Very goog

79. Sam

/  June 15, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed making this, Sawsan! Thanks for sharing it!

I used whole wheat flour, covered the pitas after they were finished, but they were dry and crusty, albeit reasonably flexible. They were dense, hardly light at all. What would you recommend?

• Hello Sam
      If you use whole wheat flour, you need to add more water and knead it for a longer time. Whole wheat behaves a little differently from all purpose. I have also read that you can replace 1/4 cup of the water with orange juice, the acidity helps make the bread softer and more chewy

80. Donna Ramirez

/  July 2, 2014

These look great (haven’t tried yet) but I thought this might be helpful: 270º Celsius=over 500º Fahrenheit (at least 500º) 180º Celsius= 350º Fahrenheit 3-4 mm = around an 1/8 inch Hope this helps, cause I didn’t know!

81. shahin

/  August 2, 2014

Hello,I know English a little bit.Thank you for the great recipe.I haven‘t tried it yet. I don‘t know how many pieces of flattened dough we should put in the oven each time ?Should we keep the oven‘s door opened or closed during baking ?

• Hello Shahin
      the number depends on how big your oven is and how big you roll the dough
      Just make sure that when you place them, they don’t touch each other
      As for the door, I close it and look through the glass but you can leave it open too

82. Ashraf

/  August 12, 2014

Hello, wonderful recipes! How can I make Manaqeesh starting with dough instead of pita bread. In another word, I would like to add Zatar to dough and bake to make crunchy pita chips. Your thoughts/recipe please? Thanks!

83. ashraf Moossa

/  August 27, 2014

Thanks ur great recipes pita bread please I need make big contyty in my bakery u have any idea

84. isigutierrez

/  September 3, 2014

Thank you for the recipe I’ve been looking everywhere where to make Taboon bread, the one for Musakhan. I tried once one that was sort of thick and very fluffy, im guessing more thick than what you suggest, will it not grow or end up less fluffy if i make it thicker? Thank you so much, love your recipes!!

• Thank you kindly for the sweet comment
      Actually taboon uses a different bread recipe and a different baking technique
      I will do my best to post the recipe for you soon

• jilli

/  October 7, 2014

hi-I wrote a comment in the last 6 weeks and made your pocket bread. I’m wondering where my post is :( don’t see it here.
        your pita pocket bread is truly wonderful. I’m still using the dough that was leftover and my husband even comments on how good it is. so happy it has true pockets. such a great treat that I had everything needed for the recipe since powdered milk is always in the pantry for emergencies and I collect honey.

• Hello Jili
        I am so sorry your first comment did not make it through. Sometimes comments go into spam by mistake. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a new comment.
        I am really happy you and your husband enjoy my pita bread recipe :)

1. Pow! Right in the kisir! | one equals two
  2. Great balls of fire | one equals two
  3. Ending the year on a positive note: best of 2012 « Chef in disguise
  4. Bi-Weekly Meal Planning week of 2/09 | Pinterest Junkie
  5. School lunch tips and ideas | Chef in disguise
  6. Falafel | Chef in disguise
  7. Shish tawook (marinated chicken skewers) revisited | Chef in disguise
  8. Kofta bi tahini (Ground meat and potatoes in tahini citrus sauce) | Chef in disguise
  9. Rosemary and lemon red lentil dip #backtoschool | Chef in disguise
  10. Sourdough English muffins | Chef in disguise
  11. Just falafs | one equals two
  12. Shish tawook chicken recipe | Chef in disguise
  13. Happy. Pretty. Sweet. | Happy. Pretty. Sweet.
  14. Add Gluten How To Convert Bread Recipe To Bread Machine Recipe | my gluten free diet
  15. Think inside the box:10 back to school freezer meals | Chef in disguise